Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friends

So this post may come with more emotion than this little vessel can hold......I will forever wonder WHY God allowed the four of us to cross paths, become so close, and later put so much distance between us.  I will never forget when they first started attending Central.  They were in our Sunday School class....and we all know Bryan knows no strangers.  So like their second week there he MADE me go with him to introduce ourselves to them.  Bryan of course started off....and you know me, shy as I am....I said hi, my name is Melissa, it's very nice to meet you....and then for the most part, I went and sat down.  It wasn't long at all that the Lord built an absolutely amazing bond between us all. 


They were there through every step while Taylor was born.  I will never forget when they came to visit us in the hospital shortly after she was born and brought us some food.  As we sat and attempted to say the blessing over our food, Bryan was speechless so he asked Chris to pray....before it was all said and done, we were all in tears!!!  It was such a special time to share with such wonderful people.  And it has always been amazing to me the way they have loved Taylor and even more amazing how Taylor has loved them.  We had not seen them since they visited PC last summer and yet Taylor took to them as though they had never left.  Pretty much the whole trip she didn't want me, she didn't want her daddy.  It was either Uncle Chris or Aunt Danielle.  And when we got ready to leave....I lost it.  Taylor said mommy, I don't want to go to our home, I want to stay here with Aunt Danielle and Uncle Chris.  My response.....so do I baby!!


And then, there is Tori.  They had left in February, shortly before Tori was born.  I held up great as they stood in my driveway....but the minute they drove away.....I lost it.  It has never made sense to me why they had to leave.....  Even though distance keeps us apart, I guess at this point I just have to be thankful for the bond the Lord has put between us.  Tori as well, had NO problem warming up to them either.  I can't count the times I heard her say Uwncle Chwis.....


To Uncle Chris & Aunt Danielle....my heart breaks.....all over again.....
Thanks for being such good friends to us and to our kids!!
Thanks for all you have done over the last several years....and I pray.....many years to come. 
Thanks for always being YOURSELVES.
Thanks for opening your home to us.
Thanks for the GREAT vacation.....can't wait until the next one!!!

We miss and love you guys more than words can say.

1 comment:

  1. Ok...so yall keep tellin us to move down there...but I have not heard anyone talk about moving up this way!

    ReplyDelete