Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Shell Island Cruise

I will have to admit....it has been at least 15 years since my bare feet have felt the sand on Shell Island.  I spent a lot of time there as a kid with my parents.  Most of our time there was spent on the bay side.  One of the perks to staying at our Marriott is you get a free boat ride over to the Island.  I was so excited when we got there because it takes you to a board walk that leads right over to the Gulf side of the Island.  Let me just tell you.......there were very few peole over there (obviously).....the sand was georgious and the water was absolutely crystal clear.  We were not able to stay for a super long time, but this was the girls first trip to the beach where they actually got to play in the water.  They loved it.  The waves were gently rolling in while they floated in their rafts......and Taylor kept referring to them as a roller coaster!!!

My dearest friend Aunti Amber wrote their names in the sand......simple I know, but my peon brain never comes up with these kind of things.......so once again, thank you Aunti Amber because this makes my heart melt.


And the coolest Uncle Adam in the world let the girls completely bury him in the sand....with lots of help from Auntie Amber.....


And then with Uncle Adam fully burried, they put the final touch on their new creation......a hermit crab!!  Sorry Uncle Adam.


This was the ONLY pic I got of both of them at the same time.....and I sooooo wish I had some water pictures but I couldn't hold on to their floats and take pictures in the Gulf at the same time.


You know, everyone said with the second child there are less pictures and that the ones you do get always seem to have the first child in them too......well, that hasn't exactly played out in our world.  I have TONS of pictures of Tori, very few of Taylor and very few of them together?????????????  I guess Taylor is at the age she purposely won't let me get my pictures and when I threaten her or bribe her for one, the face is so cheesy it might would emarrass her to put it on here!!!

1 comment: